This is how you prepare the SEO data in Google Analytics.
First you have to create some goals.
Click on “Edit” on the right hand side of the profile where you wish to have your SEO report.
Now set up six goals so they match the screenshot.
The process for creating the goals are as follows (see screenshot below):
- Name the first goal “Google rank 1-3” by typing it into the field Goal name
- Make sure that Active goal is set to On
- MAke sure that Goal type is set to URL Destination
- For Match type select Regular Expression Match
- In the text field Goal URL type “/googleRank/[1-3]\.html” (without the quotation marks)
- Click the button Save Goal
Repeat this process for the next five goals where you adjust the names and regular expressions accordingly.
Here are my naming suggestions and their corrosponding regular expressions (shown in brackets).
Second goal: “Google rank 4-6″ – [/googleRank/[4-6]\.html]
Third goal: “Google rank 7-9″ – [/googleRank/[7-9]\.html]
Fourth goal: “Google rank 10-14″ – [/googleRank/(1[0-4])\.html]
Fifth goal: “Google rank 15-20″ – [/googleRank/(1[5-9]|20)\.html]
Sixth goal: “Google rank 21 – 99″ – [/googleRank/(2[1-9]|[3-9][0-9])\.html]
Now all you need is a nice report which uses these goals – easily done!
Read more on the next page on how to create the ultimate SEO ranking report.